- 1 underripe medium green tomato
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- Large pinch of sugar
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 pound assorted small tomatoes, larger tomatoes cut in half
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chiles, such as jalapeño
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Prepare a bowl of ice water.
- Add the green tomato to the boiling water and cook until slightly softened and the skin is pale, about 7 minutes. Drain and transfer to the bowl of ice water and cool thoroughly, then drain again. Peel and core the green tomato and cut it into large chunks.
- In a blender, combine the green tomato chunks with the vinegar and sugar and puree until the tomato is finely chopped. With the machine on, add the oil in a slow stream and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange all of the tomatoes on a large platter. Sprinkle with the chiles and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing all over the salad and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.