Mixed Salad with Three Vinegars
- SERVINGS: 6
The combination of balsamic, raspberry and red wine vinegars in the dressing adds a distinctive note to this otherwise simple vinaigrette.
Terrific Green Salads
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon raspberry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large heads Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 large head radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup Parmesan shavings (2 ounces)
- In a salad bowl, combine the mustard with the 3 vinegars. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the Boston lettuce and radicchio; toss to coat. Mound the salad on plates, top with the Parmesan shavings and serve.