- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, very thinly sliced and seeded
- One 14-ounce can hearts of palm—drained, hearts cut into 1-inch pieces
- Two 4- to 5-ounce cans oil-packed smoked sardines, drained
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 450°. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the onion, garlic, crushed red pepper and olive oil and season with salt. Spread the potato mixture in a large glass or ceramic baking dish. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and lemon slices to the bowl and toss with any remaining oil from the tomatoes. Scatter the sun-dried tomatoes and lemon slices over the potatoes.
Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Stir in the hearts of palm and roast for 5 minutes longer. Add the sardines and roast for about 1 minute longer, just until heated through. Serve the pan roast right away.
Citrusy, minerally Collio Bianco.