Mixed Lettuces with Orange Vinaigrette and Candied Pecans
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves (6 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1 head each of butter and red leaf lettuces, torn into bite-size pieces
- Seeds from 1 large pomegranate
- 3 tablespoons Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, toast the pecans over moderately low heat, stirring, until golden, 8 minutes. Add the sugar, maple syrup, cayenne and a pinch of salt and stir until coated, 2 minutes; let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuces with the pomegranate seeds. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and orange zest. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss the salad with the dressing, add the pecans and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.