- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves (6 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1 head each of butter and red leaf lettuces, torn into bite-size pieces
- Seeds from 1 large pomegranate
- 3 tablespoons Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a nonstick skillet, toast the pecans over moderately low heat, stirring, until golden, 8 minutes. Add the sugar, maple syrup, cayenne and a pinch of salt and stir until coated, 2 minutes; let cool.
In a large bowl, toss the lettuces with the pomegranate seeds. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and orange zest. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss the salad with the dressing, add the pecans and serve.