Mixed Greens with Plums and Parmesan Cheese
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Salads at The Kitchen are supersimple and always made to order. This particular salad features sweet Elephant Heart plums, known for their brownish skin and extremely juicy ruby-red flesh. Hugo Matheson buys his Elephant Hearts in season from Rancho Durazno in western Colorado, tossing slices of the fruit with greens and Parmesan. He saves the juices that drip out of the plums when they're cut to whisk into the dressing.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ripe plums, preferably Elephant Heart plums, cut into thin wedges, juices reserved
- 1/2 pound mixed salad greens
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved (1 cup)
- In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the plums and any reserved plum juices and let stand for 5 minutes. Add the mixed greens and Parmesan, season with salt and pepper and gently toss. Serve the salad right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.