- 1 cup walnuts (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup pecan halves (about 4 ounces)
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 5-ounce bags washed salad greens, such as mixed baby greens, arugula and spinach
- 1 cup dried pears, julienned (4 ounces)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (4 ounces)
- . Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the nuts on a large baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden and fragrant. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the shallot, vinegar and mustard. Whisk in the olive oil and walnut oil in a thin, steady stream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the mixed greens, nuts and dried pears and cranberries to the bowl and toss. Serve immediately.
The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.