- 1 cup walnuts (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup pecan halves (about 4 ounces)
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 5-ounce bags washed salad greens, such as mixed baby greens, arugula and spinach
- 1 cup dried pears, julienned (4 ounces)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (4 ounces)
How to make this recipe
. Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the nuts on a large baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden and fragrant. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
In a large bowl, combine the shallot, vinegar and mustard. Whisk in the olive oil and walnut oil in a thin, steady stream. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the mixed greens, nuts and dried pears and cranberries to the bowl and toss. Serve immediately.
The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.