© John Kernick
Mixed-Greens-and-Herb Salad with Figs and Walnuts
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Using whole figs, use them here in place of dried ones.
More Green Salads
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces dried Black Mission figs, thinly sliced ( 2/3 cup)
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons torn mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 ounce fresh pecorino, shaved
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the walnuts in a pie plate and toast until golden, about 10 minutes; let cool, then coarsely chop.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the figs, greens, parsley, mint, dill, chives, pecorino and walnuts and toss gently. Serve right away.
NotesOne Serving 272 cal, 22 gm fat, 2.9 gm sat fat, 20 gm carb, 4 gm fiber, 3 gm protein.