Mixed Green Salad with Fig-Yogurt Dressing
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dried figs, stemmed and halved
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups mixed greens (1/2 pound)
- 1 cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (3 ounces)
- In a small heatproof bowl, soak the figs in the boiling water until softened, about 15 minutes, then drain.
- Transfer two-thirds of the soaked figs to a blender. Add the yogurt, lemon juice and vinegar and puree until smooth. Add the remaining figs to the blender and pulse once or twice, until the figs are coarsely chopped. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the greens with the dressing, top with the cheese shavings and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.