- 1/2 cup walnut halves (about 2 ounces)
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 anchovy fillets, mashed, plus 1/2 teaspoon anchovy oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups bite-size pieces of romaine lettuce (about 1/2 head)
- 4 cups bite-size pieces of arugula (about 2 bunches)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 500°. Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for about 6 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the shallot, garlic, anchovies and their oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Using a fork, whisk in the olive oil until smooth.
- Just before serving, combine the romaine and arugula in a large salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the greens and toss well. Add the toasted nuts and the Parmesan. Toss again and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.