Mixed Citrus and Arugula Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This salad calls for a trio of citrus, including navel oranges, which are meaty and slightly acidic. Feel free to try other varieties such as Cara Caras, which have a lovely pink flesh and delicate flavor. No matter what kind you choose, you'll get a big dose of vitamin C.
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 tangerines
- 3 clementines
- 1 large shallot, sliced paper-thin
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 bunches of arugula (1/4 pound each), tough stems discarded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Using a sharp knife, peel the oranges, tangerines and clementines, removing all the bitter white pith. Slice the clementines crosswise 1/2 inch thick and remove the pits. Transfer the clementines to a medium bowl. Working over the bowl, cut between the membranes of the oranges and tangerines, releasing the sections into the bowl. Add the shallot and mint.
- In a large bowl, whisk the lime juice with the walnut oil and crème fraîche. Add the arugula, season with salt and pepper and toss gently. Using tongs, transfer the arugula to plates. Add the citrus fruits to the remaining dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Top the arugula with the citrus and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.