Mixed-Berry Spoon Cake
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8 to 10
- 4 pints strawberries (2 pounds), hulled and quartered
- 2 pints blackberries (12 ounces)
- 2 pints raspberries (12 ounces)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- In a bowl, toss the berries with the sugar and cornstarch and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the sugar, lemon zest, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk and vanilla. Whisk the liquid into the dry ingredients until evenly moistened, then whisk in the melted butter until smooth.
- Spread the filling in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Spoon the batter on top, leaving small gaps. Bake in the center of the oven for 1 hour, until the fruit is bubbling and a toothpick inserted into the topping comes out clean. Let cool for 1 hour before serving.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.