© Tina Rupp
Mixed Berry Hobo Packs with Grilled Pound Cake
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Berries grilled in a foil pack are delicious with everything from ice cream to grilled pound cake.
Plus: F&W's Grilling Guide
Dessert Tips from F&W Editors
More Fruit Desserts
- 1/2 pound strawberries, halved or quartered if large
- 1/2 pound blueberries
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Four 12-inch squares of heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Four 1/2-inch-thick slices of pound cake
- Cr#233;me fraîche or vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Light a grill. In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries and blueberries with the lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and cornstarch. Spoon 1/4 tablespoon of the butter in the center of each sheet of foil and top with the fruit. Bring 2 sides of the foil up over the fruit and fold to form a seam across the top. Fold the remaining 2 sides to seal the hobo packs completely.
- Grill the hobo packs over moderate heat until the fruit is sizzling, about 10 minutes.
- Spread the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter on the pound cake and grill on both sides just until toasted, about 1 minute. Transfer to plates. Open the hobo packs and pour the berries and juices over the pound cake. Serve with a dollop of crème fraîche or ice cream.