© John Kernick
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes about 2 cups
This thick raspberry-and-blueberry sauce is the perfect topping for yogurt, ice cream and even a piece of toast.
More Terrific Jam Recipes
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 ounces fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the water.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the berries with the orange juice, sugar and salt and bring to a simmer over moderate heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the dissolved cornstarch and simmer until the liquid is slightly thickened, about 30 seconds.
- Using an immersion blender, gently blend until a thick sauce forms. Serve chilled.
The conserve can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.