- 1 cup mixed nuts, such as almonds, pecans, walnuts, shelled pistachios and
- 2/3 cup mild vegetable oil, such as peanut or canola
- 2/3 cup clover honey
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 3/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup nonfat powdered milk
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit, such as raisins, dried cranberries and dried
- 1/4 cup toasted seeds, such as sunflower seeds or flax seeds
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the mixed nuts on a medium rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Transfer the nuts to a plate and let cool completely. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°.
In a medium saucepan, warm the oil and honey over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until the honey melts, about 2 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss the oats, wheat germ, wheat bran and powdered milk. Pour the oil and honey mixture on top and stir until thoroughly coated.
Spread the oat clusters on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake in the center of the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring halfway through. Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Add the nuts, dried fruit and sunflower seeds to the oat clusters and toss