- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 small scallion, thinly sliced
- Twenty 1/8-inch thick slices smoked sable (about 1/2 pound)
- 40 thin, round, unsalted rice crackers
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Preheat the broiler and set a rack 4 inches from the heat. In a small bowl, blend the cream with the miso, ginger and scallion.
Arrange the sable slices on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Spread a scant 1/2 teaspoon of the miso cream on each sable slice. Broil the fish for 40 seconds, until browned in spots and glazed.
Arrange the rice crackers on a platter. Cut each slice of sable in half and place on a cracker. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.