- 3 tablespoons light miso paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, caps quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3/4 pound Napa cabbage, coarsely chopped (4 cups)
- 3 ounces daikon radish, peeled and thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, whisk the miso, garlic, sesame oil and 1/2 cup of the stock. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat until just cooked through, 4 minutes; using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate.
- Add the shiitake, ginger and the remaining stock to the skillet. Cover and cook over moderate heat until the shiitake are tender, 2 minutes. Add the cabbage and chicken and stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute. Add the miso sauce and bring to a simmer. Stir in the daikon and scallions. Transfer to bowls and serve.
Minerally white Burgundy.