- 3 large oranges (preferably Temples), peels only, torn into 3- to 4-inch-long strips, white pith removed with a small knife
- 1 1/4 pounds lemongrass, bottom half cut off and frozen for another use
- 2 bunches spearmint (about 6 ounces), leaves removed
- 2 ounces dried rose hips
- Spread the orange peels, lemongrass and spearmint on racks or screens set over baking sheets. Set in a dry, dark place until dried but not brittle, 5 to 10 days, depending on the humidity.
- Using scissors, cut the orange peels and lemongrass into 1-inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Lightly crush the spearmint leaves and add to the bowl along with the rose hips; toss gently. Pack the tea in small tins.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.