Minty Lemon Iced Tea
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 4 HRS
- SERVINGS: makes about 2 quarts
- Basic Simple Syrup
- 1 cup mint leaves, plus 16 sprigs
- 8 cups cold water
- 8 Irish breakfast tea bags
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Prepare the Basic Simple Syrup as directed, adding 8 mint sprigs before bringing it to a boil. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Strain the mint syrup into a blender and puree with the 1 cup of mint leaves.
- In a large saucepan, bring the cold water to a boil. Remove from the heat, add the tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags and let cool to room temperature. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour the tea into a pitcher, add the lemon juice and stir in 3/4 cup of the mint syrup, or more to taste; refrigerate the remaining syrup for later use. Serve in 8 tall glasses over ice, garnished with a mint sprig and a slice of lemon.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.