Minted Watermelon Popsicles
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN Plus 3 hr freezing
- SERVINGS: 8
These popsicles are a great fat-free snack, made with lots of naturally sweet watermelon and only a little sugar. They can be frozen in special popsicle molds or in standard ice cube trays (three cubes equals one serving). Joy Manning has them whenever she feels the temptation to visit the new gelato shop around the corner from her apartment.
- 1 1/2 pounds seedless watermelon without the rind, cut into 1-inch dice (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
- In a blender, puree the watermelon with the sugar until smooth. Stir in the mint, lemon zest and salt. Pour the puree into 8 popsicle molds or 2 standard ice cube trays (insert popsicle sticks halfway through freezing) and freeze until hard, about 3 hours.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.