Minted Cucumber Salad with Indian-Spiced Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
The Good News Eating cucumbers can help keep skin healthy, thanks to a beneficial mineral called silica. For this crunchy salad, Melissa Rubel Jacobson tosses the cucumbers with cumin and mint, which are both great for digestion.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium English cucumbers (1 1/2 pounds)halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thinly sliced mint leaves
- In a mortar, lightly crush the cumin, coriander and mustard seeds until very coarsely ground. Transfer to a small skillet. Add the canola oil and cook over moderate heat until the seeds are fragrant and toasted, about 3 minutes. Scrape into a large glass bowl. Whisk in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the cucumbers and mint, toss and serve.
Notes One Serving 117 cal, 11 gm fat, 0.8 gm sat fat, 5 gm carb, 2 gm fiber. Serve With Grilled fish or chicken.