Minted Cucumber Salad with Indian-Spiced Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
The Good News Eating cucumbers can help keep skin healthy, thanks to a beneficial mineral called silica. For this crunchy salad, Melissa Rubel Jacobson tosses the cucumbers with cumin and mint, which are both great for digestion.
More Healthy Recipes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium English cucumbers (1 1/2 pounds)halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thinly sliced mint leaves
- In a mortar, lightly crush the cumin, coriander and mustard seeds until very coarsely ground. Transfer to a small skillet. Add the canola oil and cook over moderate heat until the seeds are fragrant and toasted, about 3 minutes. Scrape into a large glass bowl. Whisk in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the cucumbers and mint, toss and serve.