Minted Cucumber Salad with Indian-Spiced Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium English cucumbers (1 1/2 pounds)halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thinly sliced mint leaves
- In a mortar, lightly crush the cumin, coriander and mustard seeds until very coarsely ground. Transfer to a small skillet. Add the canola oil and cook over moderate heat until the seeds are fragrant and toasted, about 3 minutes. Scrape into a large glass bowl. Whisk in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the cucumbers and mint, toss and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.