- 2 tablespoons pecans
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup lightly packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
- In a small skillet, toast the pecans over moderate heat, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Let cool, then chop.
- In a food processor, combine the chopped pecans with the mint, parsley, lemon juice and lemon zest and puree until a paste forms. With the machine on, gradually add the olive oil until smooth. Season the pistou with salt.
The pistou can be refrigerated for up to 6 hours. Serve at room temperature.