Mint and Red Onion Raita
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1 1/4 cups
Raitas, yogurt dishes that offer a cooling contrast to spicy Indian dishes, are simple to prepare: Stir the yogurt until creamy, then flavor it with some combination of raw or cooked vegetables, herbs, fruit and spices. Add salt just before serving to prevent the vegetables from getting watery.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 serrano or jalapeño chile, seeded and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt with the onion, mint, chile and cumin. Season the raita with salt.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.