Mint and Lime Tequila Refresher
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 6 drinks
In warm weather, Rob and Lisa Howard have an unlimited supply of mint; it grows wild by the stream outside their house. Their favorite drink combines the crushed herb with lime juice, sugar, tequila and club soda, though they'll also swap out the tequila for rum or the Brazilian sugarcane liquor cachaça. They often fix a nonalcoholic version using 5 ounces of club soda instead of 4.
- Ice cubes
- 24 ounces chilled club soda
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 1 1/2 cups silver tequila
- Leaves from 1 medium bunch of mint
- In a large cocktail shaker, muddle the mint leaves with the sugar and lime juice. Strain into a small pitcher and stir in the silver tequila. Fill 6 highball glasses with ice and pour the cocktail over the cubes. Top each drink with club soda and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.