Mint-and-Date Dipping Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 1 cup
Padma Lakshmi calls this sauce "liquid heaven." She purees sticky dates with fresh mint, lemon juice and chile, creating a sweet, bright-flavored and slightly spicy sauce. It's a stellar accompaniment to the kathi rolls, but Padma also uses it as a sandwich spread or whisks it into salad dressing.
- 2 cups mint leaves
- 3 pitted Medjool dates, finely chopped
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a blender, combine the mint leaves, dates, serrano chile, lemon juice and water and puree until smooth. Transfer the dipping sauce to a bowl and season with salt. Serve at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.