Mini Tartes Flambées
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
- 6 egg roll wrappers
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1/4 pound smoked slab bacon, cut into 1-by- 1/4-inch sticks
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small onion, quartered lengthwise and very thinly sliced crosswise
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Using a 2-inch round biscuit cutter, stamp out about 30 rounds from the egg roll wrappers. Brush the rounds lightly on both sides with olive oil and arrange them on a baking sheet. Toast in the center of the oven for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Pat off any excess oil with paper towels; let the crisps cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add the bacon and simmer for 1 minute. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, season the sour cream with salt and pepper and mix well. Spread the sour cream on the rounds and top with the onion, bacon and pepper. Return the rounds to the baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes, until the bottom is browned and the bacon is hot. Transfer to a platter and serve right away.
These hors d'oeuvres are delicious with a clean, crisp Riesling from France.