Mini Spiced Pumpkins
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 dozen cakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- Orange food coloring
- Twelve 3-inch pieces of brown or black licorice twists, twisted
- MAKE THE GLAZE Preheat the oven to 350° and coat a 12-cup mini Bundt cake pan with vegetable cooking spray. In a small bowl, whisk the flour with the pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the butter with the granulated sugar at medium speed until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and the sour cream in 2 alternating batches. Spoon the batter into the prepared Bundt cups. Bake in the center of the oven for 25 minutes, until the cakes are risen. Let cool slightly, then invert onto a rack to cool completely.
- In a bowl, whisk the sugar, butter and water. Stir in the food coloring until it's a pumpkin shade. Pour the glaze over the pumpkins, spreading it gently to cover them completely; let dry. Stick a licorice piece on top of each cake to make a stem.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.