Mini Pea Pancakes with Herbed Yogurt
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 18
Cookbook author and hunter Georgia Pellegrini purees sweet peas into the batter of her delicate mini pancakes, which are just as good with herbed yogurt as with smoked salmon.
- 3/4 cup plain full-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped tarragon, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped chervil, plus sprigs for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas (8 ounces), thawed, plus more for garnish
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Unsalted butter, for greasing
- In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt with the chopped parsley, tarragon and chervil and season with salt and black pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the herbed yogurt until chilled, at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan of salted boiling water, blanch the peas until crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Drain well and let cool.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet or griddle. Generously grease the skillet with butter. Spoon 1-tablespoon mounds of batter into the skillet and cook over moderate heat until lightly browned on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer, until lightly browned and cooked through. Transfer the pancakes to a platter and keep warm. Brush the skillet with butter as needed and repeat with the remaining batter. Serve the warm pancakes topped with the herbed yogurt and garnished with peas and herb sprigs.
Crisp, apple-scented sparkling wine.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.