Mini Meatballs with Yogurt-Dill Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 4 DOZEN MEATBALLS
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- One 8-ounce container Greek yogurt or plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the broiler. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with the olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the lamb with the onion, bread crumbs, eggs, mint, lemon juice, cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of the dill, 2 teaspoons of the garlic and 1 teaspoon of salt; knead until combined. Form the mixture into 1 1/4-inch meatballs. Arrange the meatballs on the oiled baking sheet and broil as close to the heat as possible for 6 minutes, turning the pan halfway through, until firm and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the yogurt with the remaining 3 tablespoons of dill and 2 teaspoons of garlic; whisk in the milk and season with salt. Transfer the meatballs to a plate and serve with the sauce.
Make AheadThe recipe can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Reheat the meatballs before serving.