- 8 ounces chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 ounce shallot (about 1/2 large shallot), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or other spicy chile powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
How to make this recipe
Cut the chicken into 1-inch chunks, then pulse in a food processor until coarsely chopped, about 10 one-second pulses.
In a small saucepan, dissolve the salt and sugar in the water over medium heat. Add the chicken and simmer, stirring frequently, until the chicken is just cooked, about 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the shallot, lime juice, cayenne, fish sauce, mint and cilantro. Stir, then spoon into the lettuce cups and serve.