- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, medium dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup millet
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Bring the vegetable stock and water to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic over moderate heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the millet and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook 1 minute.
- Add the stock to the millet 1 cup at a time, stirring occasionally, and adding more stock once it has been absorbed, about 30 minutes total. Once the millet is al dente, remove from heat and add butter and cheese. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
If eating a gluten-free diet, be sure to use gluten-free stock.