- 1/4 pound pancetta, small dice
- 1 head radicchio, julienned
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, medium dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup millet
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 pound whole milk ricotta
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Bring the vegetable stock and water to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the pancetta over moderate heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Add radicchio and sauté for 1 minute. Remove pancetta and radicchio from pan and set aside.
- In same pan, sauté the onion and garlic over moderate heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the millet and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook 1 minute.
- Add the stock mixture to the millet 1 cup at a time, stirring occasionally, and adding more stock once it has been absorbed, about 30 minutes total. Once the millet is al dente, remove from the heat and stir in the pancetta, radicchio, butter, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
If eating a gluten-free diet, be sure to use gluten-free stock.