- 1/2 cup low-fat chocolate milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 3 ounces silken tofu
- 6 1/2 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon light agave or corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fat-free Greek-style vanilla yogurt, chocolate granola, unsweetened cocoa powder and coarse sea salt, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate milk, cream and peanuts and cook over moderately low heat until it just comes to a boil. Transfer to a blender. Add the tofu, milk chocolate, agave syrup and kosher salt and blend at high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes (the mixture will be slightly grainy). Divide the custard into four 8-ounce ramekins or small dessert bowls. Refrigerate until set, 1 to 2 hours.
Serve the custards topped with vanilla yogurt, granola, a dusting of cocoa powder and a pinch of coarse sea salt.
The custard can be refrigerated overnight.