- SERVINGS: Makes 1 Drink
Damian Windsor’s favorite low-alcohol cocktail had been the Shandygaff (citrus soda mixed with lager) until he created a version with fresh ginger juice and a hoppy IPA; it was delicious. Adding a dash of hot sauce made the drink even better.
- 6 ounces chilled Sprite
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce Simple Syrup
- 3/4 ounce fresh ginger juice (grated from a 2-inch piece of fresh ginger and pressed through a fine strainer)
- Dash of jalapeño hot sauce
- 12 ounces chilled IPA-style beer
- Pinch of sea salt
- Fill a chilled pint glass halfway with ice. Add the Sprite, lemon juice, Simple Syrup, ginger juice and hot sauce; stir well. Add enough beer to fill the glass; top with the salt. As you finish the drink, continue to pour in more beer.