Michael Symon's Lemon-Shallot Marinated Chicken
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Plus: Summer Grilling Guide
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 8 bone-in chicken pieces
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon zest and juice with the oregano, shallot, garlic and 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons of olive oil. In a large resealable plastic bag, coat the chicken pieces with the marinade and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Light a grill and oil the grates. Scrape the marinade off the chicken and season the pieces with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred, white throughout and an instant-read thermometer inserted in a thigh registers 168°, about 40 minutes.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.