Michael Symon's Herb-and-Anchovy Marinated Chicken
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Plus: Summer Grilling Guide
- 1 cup lightly packed parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 white anchovy, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 8 bone-in chicken pieces
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, anchovy and garlic with the 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of olive oil. In a large resealable plastic bag, coat the chicken pieces with the marinade and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Light a grill and oil the grates. Scrape the marinade off the chicken and season the pieces with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred, white throughout and an instant-read thermometer inserted in a thigh registers 168°, about 40 minutes.