Michael Symon's Coriander-and-Jalapeño Marinated Chicken
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Slideshow: Michael Symon Recipes
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted and crushed coriander seeds
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 8 bone-in chicken pieces
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the cilantro, jalapeño, lime zest, lime juice and coriander with the 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of olive oil. In a large resealable plastic bag, coat the chicken pieces with the marinade and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Light a grill and oil the grates. Scrape the marinade off the chicken and season the pieces with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred, white throughout and an instant-read thermometer inserted in a thigh registers 168°, about 40 minutes.