Miami Tartar Sauce
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 2 CUPS
Jennifer Rubell has a passion for all things pink, including this colorful, tangy tartar sauce.
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet gherkins
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a saucepan, simmer the wine over moderately low heat until reduced to 1 tablespoon, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, parsley, gherkins, capers and shallot. Stir in the lemon juice and reduced red wine and season with salt and pepper.
Make Ahead The tartar sauce can be refrigerated for 3 days.