- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet gherkins
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a saucepan, simmer the wine over moderately low heat until reduced to 1 tablespoon, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, parsley, gherkins, capers and shallot. Stir in the lemon juice and reduced red wine and season with salt and pepper.
The tartar sauce can be refrigerated for 3 days.