Meyer Lemon Mousse
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN Plus 2 hr chilling
- SERVINGS: 6
This creamy, sweet and tangy mousse is fantastic on its own, but Stephanie Prida will also layer it with slices of pound cake and strawberries.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 3 lemons)
- 7 large egg yolks
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a large heatproof bowl, combine the sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice with the egg yolks. Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and cook over moderately high heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter until melted and incorporated. Strain the lemon curd into a bowl and press a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto the surface. Refrigerate the curd until chilled, about 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, whip the cream until firm. Fold two-thirds of the whipped cream into the lemon curd and spoon into bowls. Dollop the remaining whipped cream on top and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.