- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Zest of one Meyer lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
How to make this recipe
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then stir in the onions and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the onions are soft.
Add the chicken and green beans stirring occasionally, cook until the chicken is lightly browned and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
Stir in the Meyer lemon zest, juice and brown sugar. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.