- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 cups grated Cotija cheese (7 ounces)
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt. Using your fingertips, blend in the cubed butter until pea-size pieces form. Stir in the cheese, corn, cilantro, lime zest and heavy cream just until a soft dough forms. Spoon heaping 2-tablespoon mounds of dough onto the prepared sheets about 1 inch apart. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake the biscuits for 30 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a rack to cool slightly before serving.
The biscuits can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature overnight and reheated before serving.