Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 1/4 pounds shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons drained prepared horseradish
- 1 large Hass avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the shrimp for 1 minute, or until they are opaque throughout. Drain the shrimp and spread them on a baking sheet. Let the shrimp cool in the refrigerator, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix the ketchup with the cilantro and horseradish. Fold in the cooled shrimp and the avocado and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the shrimp cocktail to bowls and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.