- 10 ears of corn, shucked
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest plus 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ounces queso fresco, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 2 ounces cotija cheese, finely crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
How to make this recipe
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the corn and a generous pinch of salt and return to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain the corn and let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the lime and lemon zests and juices along with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the mustard, garlic and cayenne. Season the citrus aioli with salt.
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the corn with olive oil and season with salt. Grill over high heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred all over, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool slightly, then cut the kernels off the cobs; discard the cobs.
In a large bowl, toss the corn with the softened butter. Stir in the citrus aioli. Add the queso fresco, cotija, parsley and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.
The aioli can be refrigerated overnight.