- 1/2 pound walnut halves (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound peeled roasted beets, cut into 1/3-inch cubes (See Note)
- 1 Fuji apple, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1 Hass avocado, cubed
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound Manchego cheese, thinly shaved (1 cup)
- 5 ounces mesclun greens
- 2 cups tortilla chips, lightly crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Let cool completely.
- Transfer 1 1/2 cups of the walnuts to a food processor. Add the oil and lime juice and pulse until the walnuts are coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the beets, apple, avocado, fennel and Manchego and toss. Add the mesclun and tortilla chips, season with salt and pepper and toss again. Transfer the salad to plates, garnish with the remaining walnuts and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.