Mesclun with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- SERVINGS: 6
Grace Parisi makes twice as much dressing as she needs for two reasons: a smaller amount would be impractical to do in her blenderand she likes to have leftovers for another day.
- 5 medium basil leaves
- 1 small shallot, halved
- 6 oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves, drained (2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces mesclun mix
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a blender, puree the basil, shallot, tomatoes, vinegar, mustard, and 6 tablespoons of water until smooth. Blend in the oil. In a bowl, toss the mesclun with 1/3 cup of the dressing. Season with salt and pepper; serve.