- 1 medium white turnip
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice plus 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice plus 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces mesclun
- 8 plain Japanese rice crackers, coarsely crushed
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 sheet of nori, julienned with scissors
How to make this recipe
Put the turnip in a small saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to moderately high and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Peel the turnip and slice it paper thin using a mandoline slicer.
In a food processor, combine the oil, onion, orange and lime juices and zests and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
In a bowl, toss the mesclun with the rice crackers, tomatoes, tofu, turnip and dressing. Top with the nori and serve.