Mesclun and Fresh Herb Salad with Goat Cheese
- SERVINGS: 12
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 11-ounce log of pepper-coated goat cheese, cut into 12 slices
- 1/2 pound mesclun (mixed greens)
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh chervil leaves
- In a bowl, whisk together the mustard, shallots, garlic and diluted vinegar. Gradually whisk in the oils in a thin stream. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the broiler. Set the goat cheese slices on a baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with vinaigrette. Broil for 1 minute, or just until the cheese is warmed through.
- Meanwhile, toss the mesclun and all the fresh herbs with the remaining vinaigrette. Mound the salad on individual plates and top each serving with a slice of the warm goat cheese.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.