- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Six 5-ounce lamb loin chops
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- Parsley, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, combine all of the spices. Set aside 2 teaspoons of the spice mixture for the pan sauce. Rub the lamb chops with the remaining spice mixture. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season the lamb with salt and cook over moderate heat until golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 125°, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to plates; let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour off all but 1 tablespoon of oil from the skillet. Add the garlic and cook over low heat, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the reserved 2 teaspoons of the spice mixture and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the sherry and whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and spoon over the lamb. Garnish with parsley.
Peppery Spanish red.